Snowshoeing in Gosau
Snowshoeing from the Hornspitz lift
Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the World Heritage region of Hallstatt / Dachstein Salzkammergut whilst snowshoeing in Gosau. Pure nature experiences off the beaten track: Enjoy the peace and grandeur of the winter wonderland to the full and take in the idyllic and romantic atmosphere of the Dachstein West ski region.
Complete silence, only the soft crunching of snow accompanies snowshoers from the Hornspitzlift middle station (1200m) to the top station (1433m). Even though the snow is deep, you barely sink in and walk as smoothly and safely as on a well groomed trail - only better. The nearly two-hour tour takes you past the quaint Zeishofalm and rewards winter hikers in the Dachstein West ski region at the end with a breathtaking panoramic view of the imposing Dachstein and the surrounding mountains. Good warm and breathable winter hiking clothes makes snowshoeing in Gosau a pleasure.
Book your adventure now!
Whether you’re a beginning or an experienced skier, the multi-page web portal of the holiday region Dachstein Salzkammergut (www.hallstatt.net, www.gosautal.net, www.bad-goisern.net and www.obertraun.net) offers a wide variety of resources including information about skiing, accommodations, and other news concerning winter sports in the world heritage region. Endless kilometres of ski slopes await discovery in the family-friendly ski regions of Dachstein West in Gosau and the Freeride Arena on the Krippenstein in Obertraun on Lake Hallstatt. For weekend excursions or unforgettable week-long adventures in snow, you’ll find the most beautiful hotels, holiday apartments and bed & breakfasts in our extensive accommodations registry. Book your holiday now—get out there and enjoy the winter paradise of the UNESCO World Heritage Region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut.
Information at a glance
- Information regarding the opening and operating times of the Gosau cable car are available below from the Dachstein AG. Expert advice regarding hiking routes or snowshoe rental can be obtained from the Gosau tourist office.
- Your contact to the Ski region of Dachstein West in Gosau in the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut
Dachstein Tourismus AG Gosauer Bergbahnen::
Phone: +43 (6136) 8854
- Our advice: Conveniently download prices, opening times and other information for your winter holiday in the Ski region Dachstein West in Gosau, as a PDF on your tablet or smartphone. So you are always well informed and have all important information at hand.
Rates & Family rates Winter season 2015/2016
Panorama Skiregion Dachstein West in Gosau
- Free Internet access: Wi-Fi hotspots in all stations of the Hornspitzbahn in Gosau and in the mountain station of the Zwieselalm cable car make it possible. Stay up to date in the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut !
- Winter season 2015 / 2016 in the Ski region of Dachstein West in Gosau/Austria:
Open from Sat. 4th of December 2015 right through to 3th of April 2016
- Overview of ski rental stores:Do you fancy a winter holiday in the world heritage region but can’t bring along the proper gear? The sport outfitters and ski rental shops in Bad Goisern, Gosau, Hallstatt and Obertraun have the perfect equipment just for you. Whether for snowshoeing, downhill or cross-country skiing, here you’ll find an overview of the region's best contact partners for sporting equipment.
Snowshoeing at a glance
Snowshoeing on the Dachstein in Obertraun
Snowshoeing in Bad Goisern
Snowshoeing in Gosau
Snowshoeing on the Zwieselalm
Guided snowshoeing tours at a glance